Re: Responsiveness issue(s)

Jack Malmostoso wrote:
As for the rest, check that DMA is activated on your hard drive. Which is extremely slow anyway... I have an iBook so I know what I'm talking about :)

What is wrong with the hard disk? Is it the IDE controller or the hard disk itself? I have a couple of laptop (2.5") hard disks, I could replace the disk drive if it would be faster to use another drive--I have a 7200RPM 100GB drive in my Thinkpad that I'd prefer to use in the PowerBook if it would help speed it up...

Andrew