Re: Gnash on ppc eats too much cpu

On 11/12/06, Tsai Dung-Bang <dbtsai@gmail.com> wrote:
This bug should fix in the last GNASH CVS.

Try it out.

(There is a 0.7.2 branch, I use it without any big problems)

Tsai Dung-Bang

Got:
# gnash --version
Gnash 0.7.2
Build options 0.7.2
  Renderer: opengl   GUI: gtk   Sound handler: gst   Decoder: none

it does eat a lot of cpu. Though I have 3d enabled, beryl working
properly, the gnash package seems to be still to heavy for this
system:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 1333.333000MHz
revision        : 0.1 (pvr 8003 0101)
bogomips        : 73.47
timebase        : 18432000
platform        : PowerMac
machine         : PowerBook5,4
motherboard     : PowerBook5,4 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
pmac-generation : NewWorld

It's not a problem of machine, since flash works decently on OS X. I
think gnash is still under heavy development and it needs serious
improvements before it can become a real open solution to the adobe
flash.

--
Federico Pistono   Department of Computer Science - Verona, Italy
http://www.federicopistono.org :: http://pain.altervista.org/

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."