Re: Apple iBook 300MHz Blueberry (first generation) and Hard Drive

Ennio-(Sr) wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've read somewhere that the captioned iBook can be fit with a HD of no
> more than 30GB.
> Can some of you confirm this is correct and explain whether the
> limitation is due to the original OpenFirmware not being able to format
> the disk or any other reason?
>
> I case the limitation dipends from OF, wouldn't it be possible, in
> case of a larger disk, to partition it up to the maximum capacity Apple
> OF is able to see, and leave to Linux to deal with the remaining space ?
>
> Thanks for your attention.
> Regards,
> 	Ennio.

My, ...

I have on a Macintosh powerbook 3400c a disk of  60 GB,
witch was formated on a MacOS 9.1 on a G3 266 Mhz - with ide.

And all that work grate with sarge, and X.

regards,

Eugen Paiuc

/dev/hda
        #                    type name                  length   base      ( size )  system
/dev/hda1     Apple_partition_map Apple                     63 @ 1         ( 31.5k)  Partition map
/dev/hda2        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                 54 @ 64        ( 27.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda3        Apple_Driver_ATA Macintosh                 74 @ 118       ( 37.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda4      Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh                512 @ 192       (256.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda5           Apple_Patches Patch Partition          512 @ 704       (256.0k)  Unknown
/dev/hda6         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Home file system    19483599 @ 1216      (  9.3G)  Linux native
/dev/hda7         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 big                 91896185 @ 19484815  ( 43.8G)  Linux native
/dev/hda8         Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap                 1073617 @ 111381000 (524.2M)  Linux swap
/dev/hda9               Apple_HFS sans titre 4         4755613 @ 112454617 (  2.3G)  HFS
/dev/hda10             Apple_Free Extra                     10 @ 117210230 (  5.0k)  Free space

Block size=512, Number of Blocks=117210240
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1: @ 64 for 21, type=0x701
2: @ 118 for 34, type=0xf8ff