Re: initrd: upgrade kernel from 2.4 to 2.6

> thanks for the tip. I tried this, however it did not make any
> difference. when rebooting, the tuck boot logo appears
> but nothing happens after that.. here is a picture:

The kernel dies before the framebuffer device and text output are
available. If you have serial devices available (real serial or modem, no
USB or software modem) you can redirect kernel output to the serial device
to capture the panic log.

Before you try this, make sure nothing funny is compiled into your kernel
(like, for instance, PC keyboard interface or floppy driver).

	Michael