Re: initrd: upgrade kernel from 2.4 to 2.6

Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:32 +0100, Eugen Paiuc wrote:
Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:

hi
[snip...]
running

  $ quik
  $ quikconfig

System is rebooted, in the top left corner is a penguin in
strange colours, no text, and nothing more happens (no reboot).

So my main question is; does 2.6 kernels w/initrd actually work
with quik?

yes, but only until 2.6.12 sarge backport from (thanks to) sven

http://people.debian.org/~luther/kernel/linux-image-2.6.12-1-powerpc_2.6.12-5.99.sarge1_powerpc.deb

#quik

[snip..]

. here is a picture:

http://aeh.db.org/howto/linux-powerpc-8200/boot_tuck.jpg

I had the same on a new - from today- upgrade install.

Fortunately I have a good paar of sarge d-i floppy disks,
so on the base installation I can put a 2.6.8 powerpc  kernel.

regards,

Eugen