Re: Linux on new iMac G5 PowerMac12,1 ?

I compiled a 2.6.16-rc1, this worked OK.
Then I put it (vmlinux) in my root ditectory of the first and only disk together with the yaboot stuff and tried to launch it via OF boot prompt like:

boot hd0:/dev/disk0s3, yaboot

This seamed to launched some code and spit out about 10 lines of some numbers/tables I really cant get a real glimpse on, were there only for much less then a second and then I ended up with and kind of grey "Forbidden" sign (graphics, a circle with diagonal line) on a black screen.
All frozen, need to power off.

System: newest G5 iMac 12,1

Any ideas?

-Percy