Re: Powerbook5,8: FN key mode

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:29:09 +0100
Michael Hanselmann <lists-debian@hansmi.ch> wrote:

Hi Michael,
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 07:30:12PM +0100, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> > Where do you set pb_mode=1? Is it a module parameter?
>
> Yes. You can change it during runtime trough
> /sys/modules/usbhid/parameters/pb_fnmode (that's what pbbuttonsd might
> have to do).

I added this function to pbbuttonsd beta. You should be able to set
the fnmode as usual with the config option KBDMode = fkeysfirst /
fkeyslast.

Because the option pb_fnmode could be set to "disabled", I added this
mode as well: "KBDMode = disabled". On machines with ADB keyboard the
option "disabled" is not possible and will be forced to "fkeyslast".

The beta version is available at:
    ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/pbbuttons/pbbuttonsd-0.7.3-6g.tar.gz

It would be nice if you could test this feature and tell me the results.

 Best Regards
   Matthias

PS: The offer to test is not limited to Michael ;-)