Re: Linux on new iMac G5 PowerMac12,1 ?

I like to try a kernel build for the iMac 12,1.
Is the latest kernel ready for a test on this box?
If there is any hope to get it up and also get the Windfarm support...:

Can some one help me out or better post/mail a kernel config-file to get started with. I have to compile it on my very old G4/400 and this takes me too long to experiment with all the options.

Which gcc is best to use? 4.X?

thanks
-Percy