Re: bcm43xx finally working, with encryption too!!!

Bin Zhang <yangtze31@gmail.com> writes:

<snip...>

> Try dscape/bcm43xx. It needs only one second to get connected.
> http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/bcm43xx/branches/dscape/driver/HOWTO?op=file&rev=1027&sc=1
>
> Bin

<snip..>

Hi,

I tried to make dscape+bcm43xx work and haven't succeeded. This is
with 2.6.15 kernel with the unofficial patch applied. The sta_up.sh
script causes the kernel to crash and I have to reboot. I traced the
kernel panic to the following command in sta_up.sh

ifconfig wlan0.11 up

and the xmon exception information at this point shows the following
message...

vector: 300 at pc=f26b33b8: ieee80211_master_start_xmit+0x6c/0x4bc
[80211], lr=f2b3378: ieee80211_master_xmit+0x2c/0x4bc [80211]
msr=9032, sp = ef4b3a00 [ef4b3950]
dar = 8, dsisr = 40000000
current = ef58e770, pid = 3151, comm = bash

I am not sure what this means or what other information (from xmon
dump) that I need to post for someone to be able to help me.

I tried posting to the bcm43xx-dev mailing list, but since I am not
subscribed to the list the message is waiting for moderator approval
for over three days now. I had also posted about this in debian-ppc
mailing list a few days ago and there were no responses, so I gave up
on the dscape+bcm43xx route and went with softmac+bcm43xx.

I will give the dscape+bcm43xx route a try again if someone can help
me with this. Any help will be appreciated.

Shreyas.