Re: bcm43xx finally working, with encryption too!!!

At Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:22:52 +0100, Milan Toth wrote:

> > well i have got eventually the AirPort card working WITH WEP SECURITY ON!!!
>
> should I only update bcm43xx and softmac source and WEP will
> work form me?

Yes, I used the svn from bcm43xx (you could also use a snapshot) and a
snapshot of softmac.  You just need to disable ieee80211 in the
(vanilla) kernel, since the modified ieee80211 is included in the
softmac snapshot.  A "make install" will install the needed kernel
modules in /lib/modules for both softmac and bcm43xx.

Then you do something like the following:
---------------
#!/bin/bash
ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth1 up
iwconfig eth1 rate 11M
iwconfig eth1 essid fifi
iwconfig eth1 key 1230123012301230123012302
dhclient eth1

Adapt everything to your configuration of course, maybe a higher rate
than 11M is possible according to circumstances, but it works very
well in my case.  A higher rate gives me trouble with dhcp.  But for
the rest it is very stable. (and now the connection works immediately)

Ruben