Re: therm_adm103x: inquiry

According to Luca Bigliardi, on Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:07:21
+0100,
>On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 07:49 AM, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
>
>> I'd like to know if there is still people using this module,
>
>I've used it for a while:
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/01/msg00453.html
>
>Now i'm living without thermal control.
>The logic board of my ibook has been substituted two times, but i don't
>know if this is somehow correlated with the lack of thermal control:
>my laptop is in the "Repair Extension Program".

I don't believe so, this is a general ibook problem which
also happen to people using only OSX. A cheap HW design...

>> if these users would like to see this module included an
>> official kernel
>
>Yes, of course (but, IIRC, BenH didn't like degrees symbol).

I've made them a compile time parameter in latest version.
I usually use the * symbol on my machine.

>> if, knowing that lm_sensors should be able to read this
>> chip, you still need the therm_adm103x module (I think so
>> since I believe lm_sensor does not provide control over
>> the chip, or does it?).
>
>So you can say that therm_adm103x is definitively better than lm_sensors?

No, I've not managed to use lm_sensors :) I did not try
very hard neither...

I would really like to know if someone managed to use it,
and if so, gives a comparative evaluation of both modules.

--
Cedric