Re: Now that the gates for 2.6.16 patches are opened...

According to Eddy Petrişor, on Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:08:31
+0200,
>On 1/12/06, Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think I can create a patch which changes the compilation #define with
>> a global variable.
>>
>> If someone can create a patch that links this variable to a /sys
>> pseudo-file...
>
>It should help to say that you are reffering to the blink led patch ;-)
>
>As far as I managed to look over it, the current status is that the
>entry is in /sys but has to linked to a hwif structure, so there is
>one per device, not one per system, as it is now (iirc).

Which is the version in the attached patch (against
2.6.12).

When I tried to do it I could not find the dev object in
the hwif structure, but surely someone would have the time
to do it :)

Also, in the patch above, the sysfs function may have to be
slightly modified to have an additional argument introduced
in 13 or 14.

Sorry, I really don't have the resources to do it myself in
a reasonnable time frame.

Happy hacking...
--
Cedric