Re: HFS/HFS+ mounting problems: HFS-fs: Filesystem is marked locked, mounting read-only.

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:40:22PM +0100, bounce-debian-powerpc=jesus.climent=hispalinux.es@lists.debian.org wrote:
> Greetings, Mr. Data!
>
> At this document,
>
> http://www.e-vse.com/csi/doc/hfs/Release%201.0A/HFS%20Provisional.pdf
>
> look for the WAKEUP command. It says (quote):
>
> 'Certain parts of the HFS are necessarily single-threaded.  If problems
> occur, it is possible that HFS can be left in a _locked_ state with one
> or more partitions and/or subtasks left in an undenning wait state. The
> WAKEUP command will free all of outstanding waits that currently exist
> for HFS. Use this with caution blah blah blah...'
>
> Note that the aforementioned WAKEUP command belongs to CSIHFBAT utility,
> which I take must belong to MacOS X (wild guess).

Still no luck with that hint. The only information I already found some time
ago is refering to the same problem here:

http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug/2005-July/041620.html

Otherwise, I am now using MacOSX to transfer things to my iPod.

Cheers,

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.14|Helsinki Finland

The fool looks at a finger that points at the sky.
		--The Sacré-Coeur Boy (Amelie)