Re: HFS/HFS+ mounting problems: HFS-fs: Filesystem is marked locked, mounting read-only.

Greetings, Mr. Data!

At this document,

http://www.e-vse.com/csi/doc/hfs/Release%201.0A/HFS%20Provisional.pdf

look for the WAKEUP command. It says (quote):

'Certain parts of the HFS are necessarily single-threaded.  If problems
occur, it is possible that HFS can be left in a _locked_ state with one
or more partitions and/or subtasks left in an undenning wait state. The
WAKEUP command will free all of outstanding waits that currently exist
for HFS. Use this with caution blah blah blah...'

Note that the aforementioned WAKEUP command belongs to CSIHFBAT utility,
which I take must belong to MacOS X (wild guess).

Perhaps trying to WAKEUP your iPod from MacOSX with this tool may leave
it in an orderly state for the linux kernel to mount it.

Hope that it helps,

Pancho.