Re: miboot-floppies (powerpc oldworld) for sarge

Holger Levsen wrote:
I tried lot's of floppy images floating around lately but must have
missed the ones that work ;-)  Unfortunately ~wouter seems to have given
up on the floppy building part (assumption made on the fact that there
is netboot, cdrom, mini-iso, etc. but no floppy images).  Anyway, I wish

they are here: http://people.debian.org/~wouter/d-i/powerpc-miboot/

I haven't tested them in a while, though.

regards,
	Holger
Thanks Holger,

I recognized them shortly after I posted (sorry) and tried them. boot.img floppy reads in well (i.e. is recognized) and shows Tux in front of a box. After a while the floppy drive is done, but the screen doesn't change to the familiar linux console. I suppose it's put out onto the onboard video, when I use the floppies but I don't have the possibility to have a look on that 'outlet'. I speculate that, since floppy vmlinux cannot be as fat as the cdrom kernel, radeonfb has been taken out of the kernel config or that some kernel option I can't modify is preventing me from getting output on the pci video card. I haven't tried to wait, blindly eject boot.img, put root.img in, press Enter and see if that data is sucked in as well (and proof that linux from floppies is actually active on another video-device than that set in my OpenFirmware environment; OF output-device is set to the pci video card) .. will have to try that

If it works, is there a way to make the boot floppies behave the same way as the cdrom-vmlinux regarding the way output-device is handled? Is OF output-device handled at all? My guess is it isn't and that it was just pure luck radeonfb kicked in and did the right thing when I booted the cdrom-vmlinux. I don't know really..

Have a nice one,
Christian