Re: More Powerbook Questions.

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 06:52:37PM -0500, Matthew Gracie wrote:
> A few more questions about Debian PPC on the 12" Powerbook G4/867 I
> inherited at work:
>
> 1) bcm43xx seems to be _really_ flaky; I can associate with an AP, I can
> run iwlist, but I can't seem to actually get an address via DHCP or play
> any active part in the network. I'm running 2.6.18-3 from Sid; a brief
> Googling has implied that the module in this particular kernel is flaky,
> but I can't find anywhere to download a .deb of 2.6.17 to try. Is my
> experience unusual? Does anyone know where I can get the old kernel from?
>
> 2) Is suspend-to-RAM supported on this machine at all? When I close the
> lid or hit the power button it seems to simply blank the screen. Again,
> I've Googled, and found conflicting reports.

No, suspend to ram isn't supported on nvidia cards to my knowledge.
I'm using swsusp on a 2.6.17 with much good results, though! I haven't tried
with recent debian kernels but linux-image-2.6.17 wasn't working out of the box
back then when I tried it. (heh, I got swsusp working, why try a different
kernel and thus reboot?! :))

filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi - http://esaurito.net
PGP key: 0x6B79D401

Man was made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.
-- Mark Twain