Re: More Powerbook Questions.

On mar, 2006-12-19 at 18:52 -0500, Matthew Gracie wrote:
> 1) bcm43xx seems to be _really_ flaky; I can associate with an AP, I
> can
> run iwlist, but I can't seem to actually get an address via DHCP or
> play
> any active part in the network. I'm running 2.6.18-3 from Sid; a brief
> Googling has implied that the module in this particular kernel is
> flaky,
> but I can't find anywhere to download a .deb of 2.6.17 to try. Is my
> experience unusual? Does anyone know where I can get the old kernel
> from?

bcm43xx was working perfectly on 2.6.18-powerpc-3. I was using it on
open networks as well as wpa2 psk or eap-tls protected networks. So I
guess the problem is elsewhere.

> 2) Is suspend-to-RAM supported on this machine at all? When I close
> the
> lid or hit the power button it seems to simply blank the screen.
> Again,
> I've Googled, and found conflicting reports.

Maybe the nvidia card isn't able to be put to sleep. In any case you may
want to try pbbuttonsd (or lighter, pmud).

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis