Re: g5 imacs now silent?

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 10:52:13AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 18:06, Sven Luther wrote:
> [#397942]
> > > If this is correct, this bug can be closed. Is it correct?
> > The bug should be retitled and reassigned to initramfs-tools, if it is not
> > already.
>
> It only makes sense to do this, if its confirmed, that initramfs-tools doesn't
> make sure the modules are loaded. I lack this confirmation atm.

If the modules were loaded, the fan control would work.

> Can someone confirm (or deny) that on a newly installed sid system, these
> modules are not loaded?

I think someone already posted a confirmation to this in another thread.

> If so, I'm happy to open a bug against initramfs-tools, but I close this bug
> now, because the history of it is not interesting to read for the
> initramfs-tools maintainer anyway :)

Bah. Hiding he history of this mess will not nevessarily make it go away.

> > Holger: thanks for the work you are doing. Can you also comment on :
> >   #397973: [powerpci/mac] partman-md appears to not write back the raid
> > flag to partitions.
> > Maybe it would be worth to raise the severity of this bug, but i can hardly
> > do this, or i will be seen as whiner who ups the severity of his pet bugs,
> > can i ask you to have a look at them ?
>
> I think the severity is right, if it's not a bit too high already :) RAID is
> not working, that's bad, but not the end of the world. So certainly not

Neither RAID nor LVM is working i guess, this means that 3 of the 4 default
automated installation ways will fail, and furthermore fail without any hint
on why they fail.

> higher than important (which it is), maybe it's even normal. I'll leave it as
> it is.

Ok. It would be neat if someone knowledgeable in partman would investigate
though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther