Re: g5 imacs now silent?

Hi,

On Thursday 30 November 2006 18:06, Sven Luther wrote:
[#397942]
> > If this is correct, this bug can be closed. Is it correct?
> The bug should be retitled and reassigned to initramfs-tools, if it is not
> already.

It only makes sense to do this, if its confirmed, that initramfs-tools doesn't
make sure the modules are loaded. I lack this confirmation atm.

Can someone confirm (or deny) that on a newly installed sid system, these
modules are not loaded?

If so, I'm happy to open a bug against initramfs-tools, but I close this bug
now, because the history of it is not interesting to read for the
initramfs-tools maintainer anyway :)

> Holger: thanks for the work you are doing. Can you also comment on :
>   #397973: [powerpci/mac] partman-md appears to not write back the raid
> flag to partitions.
> Maybe it would be worth to raise the severity of this bug, but i can hardly
> do this, or i will be seen as whiner who ups the severity of his pet bugs,
> can i ask you to have a look at them ?

I think the severity is right, if it's not a bit too high already :) RAID is
not working, that's bad, but not the end of the world. So certainly not
higher than important (which it is), maybe it's even normal. I'll leave it as
it is.

regards,
	Holger

the original poster unless they explicitly request to be copied."

We live in the year 2006, a few bytes wasted in the footer of a mail don't
hurt anymore, but everybody is flooded with information and attention is a
spare ressource.
If you send a mail cc: to a list and to me, it will catch my attention even if
I have none. Please don't. Unless you specifically want to catch my attention
of course :)
But If I don't say otherwise, I'm subscribed to the mailinglist (and this is
true for non-Debian lists as well) and you don't need to cc: me. Thanks.