[powerpc] Apple G5 windfram based fan control modules not included or loaded in initramfs-tools generated ramdisks.

Package: initramfs-tools
Severity: Important

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 05:45:52PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:12:56PM +0100, Holger Levsen a écrit :
> >
> > On Thursday 30 November 2006 12:20, Charles Plessy wrote:
> >
> > > On the other hand, I recommend to test wether they also stay silent on
> > > the installed system as well.
> >
> > Could you do this?
>

> Hi,
>
> The problem with the fan control is solved for the installer, but
> /etc/modules does not contain the necessary entries to start the fan
> control at boot time on the installed system.

Hi Charles, the problem is not with /etc/modules, but with initramfs-tools.

Mmm, i think i cannot find this bug, so opening a new one with this message.

Max, can you add somethign to initramfs-tools, as we discussed numerous times,
to load the fan control modules ? At worst, you can load the same modules as
is done in d-i.

Friendly,

Sven Luther