Re: Debian on IBM iSeries

On Friday 24 November 2006 05:11, Jean-Sebastien Pilon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am seeking for someone who has experience installing Debian on IBM
> iSeries.
>
> We have an i550 to be precise.
>
> Any chance someone I can contact?

You may want to look at:

Welcome to Linux on Power wiki!
http://oss.gonicus.de/openpower/index.php/Main_Page
( not specifically debian, but has references to debian)

Also:
penguinppc.org
http://www.linuxppc64.org/
(again, not specifically debian, but lots of useful info)

To start:

give the cdrom to the partition you are installing it on.
Boot from the CD. It worked for me on a p690. It also worked on a 520.

Probably best to ask more specific questions on this list.

Jean

--
Jean Robertson, McGill University (514) 398-8117