Re: if you care about debian on powerpc, please react ...

Hi all,

I am just a two machines user (I use it every day, thought) of Debian PPC and theoreticaly I tend to agree with Jan Stedehouderwrote but in this particular real life case I believe Fabio Rabelo is absolutely wrigth: Without Sven Luther there is no Debian PPC.

cheers

----
Gunther Furtado
gunzera0@yahoo.com.br

Sorry, but I disagree completely !!!
I am an occasional user of Debian PPC too, just 3 machines right now .
But I listen to this list for more than 4 years, and the ONLY one who
contribute with usable patches do d-i  IS exactly Mr. Sven Luther !!!
Without him there is no such thing called "Debian PPC" !!!!

Fábio Rabelo
Hi to all,

I am only a casual user of Debian on the PPC and hardly in a position to
judge, to opinionate or to choose. It is easy to choose for the first
one that speaks, but as my mother used to say: "when two are fighting,
two are to blame".  Maybe my mother had the kind of simple wisdom that
all involved in this conflict could begin with.

Conflicts of this kind in volunteer driven projects are not uncommon and
this one will most likely not be the last. They stem from the same
desire and urge to deliver the best result possible, which is great. But
when there is no agreement the discussion can be a heated one and in the
end harm the project in which all parties have an emotional stake. This
project is no different.

Simply put, if a conflict can not be resolved peacefully, if no
substantiated blame is available and if all involved threaten the future
perspective of Debian PPC, then I see only one solution for the
community: to remove both parties from the project. It might be painfull
in the short run, but highly beneficial in the long run.

I wish you all a lot of wisdom

Jan Stedehouder