Re: Playing a movie on ppc.

Le Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 11:23:54AM +0200, Børge Holen a écrit :
> You have no video output?
> where did you get that package mplayer? you have not compiled it yerself?
> what video card is available in the machine?

sorbet【dic】$ lspci | grep nV
0000:f0:10.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34M [GeForce FX Go5200] (rev a1)

sorbet【dic】$ dpkg -l mplayer
Souhait=inconnU/Installé/suppRimé/Purgé/H=à garder
| État=Non/Installé/fichier-Config/dépaqUeté/échec-conFig/H=semi-installé
|/ Err?=(aucune)/H=à garder/besoin Réinstallation/X=les deux (État,Err: majuscule=mauvais)
||/ Nom                 Version             Description
+++-===================-===================-======================================================
ii  mplayer             1.0~rc1-3           The Movie Player

sorbet【dic】$ apt-cache policy mplayer
mplayer:
  Installé : 1.0~rc1-3
  Candidat : 1.0~rc1-3
 Table de version :
 *** 1.0~rc1-3 0
        500 http://ftp.jp.debian.org sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Everything is official Debian package... in theory. I tried to install the
debian-multimedia mplayer in the past, do you think that there could be a
package which I would not have removed correctly and which would interfere with
the official package? Anyway, I had the same problem with debian-multimedia's
mplayer as well.

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org