Re: mount hfs+ partition

honest to god, i have only been able to mount
hfsplus partition with
mount -t ufs ufstype=openstep

as describe in man page for mount. if you can't
trust this, you surely are not using /usr/share/doc,
where most things have not been updated since woody ?
where do you get your information when things change,
then, do you read the source code ?

the package hfsplus, does not mount actually its
a virtual thing.

but the real hangup in both cases is its read only.
so for the original poster of this thread, no help
really.

to copy things back from linux to mac os you need
an plain hfs partion, you can use mount -t hfs for
that or you can use the hfs package.

none of this has changed for me in the last year from
2.6.8 through 2.6.18 kernel.

ok, there are modules for all those kernel versions,
(which means what -- that the util packages use them,
probably, not necesarily the mount utility ...)
but in the absence of documentation or
in the presence of obsolete misleading documentation,
what ?

i don't have psychic powers, i can't cook up
procedures
out of my imagination.