Re: ftp.debian.org: Please remove numactl for alpha/powerpc from unstable

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 04:06:31PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> Or if not ,what is the exact missing bit ? numactl should work on
> powerpc and is useful on it. It shouldn't be dropped just bcs there is a
> temporary build failure.

I wish to drop it for now firstly because (and this is my fault) I
ignored for it a bit too long and the testing version is *way* out of
date.  I'd like .10 in testing at least for those architectures that
support it out-of-the-box.  I am happy to (and intended to) put
powerpc back in when it can work.

> Is it the new sys_migrate_pages that isn't hooked (yet) on powerpc ?

Yes; but worse at the moment because upstream manually calls syscall
280, which is just wrong (this is what the current version in unstable
is doing, which is another reason to get rid of it for now).

If you get it wired up in the kernel, and Andi fixes up libnuma I'm
happy to put it all back together again.

-i