Re: Compiz + AIGLX on iBook G4

On 12 Oct 2006 18:02:15 GMT
"Jack Malmostoso" <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> wrote:

> Hi there list,
> as soon as I noticed Compiz in Debian repositories I couldn't help
> trying it out on my iBook G4.
> I have edited my xorg.conf and added the Option
> "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" in the Device section, added the "Extensions"
> section, restarted X and then started compiz with:
> $ gtk-window-decorator &
> $ compiz --replace --use-cow --indirect-rendering gconf &
> It worked, in the sense that compiz is running and all effects are
> available, but the colors on the screen looked completely messed up.
> Please just check the two screenshots I upload:
> http://malmostoso.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/nocompiz.jpg
> http://malmostoso.altervista.org/_altervista_ht/compiz.jpg

As soon as they get it stable i will surely use that too...too

btw:ehm, not to be annoying but you have a couple of files on the
desktop i would have removed or edited before screenshooting. :)

	 Andrea Lusuardi  -  UoVoBW
	Registered Linux User #364578
Intel Inside: The world's most widely distributed warning label