Re: synaptics PowerBook ?
- To: Andrea Lusuardi - UoVoBW <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: synaptics PowerBook ?
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:58:23 +1000
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20061010091100.0a5b161f@electricsheep>
- References: <452A7C67.email@example.com> <20061009234745.232afc6b@electricsheep> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061010091100.0a5b161f@electricsheep>
On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 09:11 +0200, Andrea Lusuardi - UoVoBW wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:51:18 +1000
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Any reason why this patch isn't submited upstream ? :)
> > Ben.
> the patch actually isn't mine.
> It has first been written by Luca Bigliardi but he could not find
> anyone willing to submit it because there was a flame - i do not
> remeber exactly between him and who - because it did not use sysfs.
I remember doing a comment about that but not flaming anybody :) It
might have degenrated into a flamewar later on. I think the patch could
use being modified to have a way to "switch" between the 2 modes at
runtime though, or at the very least with a kernel command line option.
> Then Bigliardi stopped mantaining it and Matteo Bigoi took over, but
> he always made minor modifications so it could just work with newer
> I don't know if the patch is actually ready for upstream, needs
> cleaning or any of the such becaus i always just used it - both autors
> are friends and study colleagues.
> I suggest you - or someone willing to take it upstream - contact Matteo
> Bigoi for all the informations.
It certainly could go upstream with a bit of work, I was just suprised
there was no apperent effort in that direction.