Re: pbbuttonsd gets SIGKILL when suspending

Hello Gabriel,

Gabriel Paubert <paubert@iram.es> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 02:34:52PM +0000, Jörg Sommer wrote:
>> Hi,
>> my pbbuttonsd dies sometimes while suspending the system to RAM. It gets
>> a SIGKILL, but I don't know from where and when. Is it possible to create
>> a coredump upon SIGKILL? How?
> What I have seen happening in some cases is that the script
> started by pbbuttonsd takes too much time and is killed after
> a timeout.

Yes, but I'm talking about pbbuttonsd. The daemon died. Does the kernel
send under some circumstances SIGKILL to a process? I have no explanation
for this. The only thing I know, I hit Shift+Power which triggers the
suspend in pbbuttonsd, but the system does not suspend and pbbuttonsd has
quit with exit code 137.

Bye, Jörg.
“Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as
children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and
listening to repetetive music.”