Re: pbbuttonsd gets SIGKILL when suspending

Hello Gabriel,

Gabriel Paubert <paubert@iram.es> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 02:34:52PM +0000, Jörg Sommer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> my pbbuttonsd dies sometimes while suspending the system to RAM. It gets
>> a SIGKILL, but I don't know from where and when. Is it possible to create
>> a coredump upon SIGKILL? How?
>>

> What I have seen happening in some cases is that the script
> started by pbbuttonsd takes too much time and is killed after
> a timeout.

Yes, but I'm talking about pbbuttonsd. The daemon died. Does the kernel
send under some circumstances SIGKILL to a process? I have no explanation
for this. The only thing I know, I hit Shift+Power which triggers the
suspend in pbbuttonsd, but the system does not suspend and pbbuttonsd has
quit with exit code 137.

Bye, Jörg.
--
“Computer games don't affect kids. If Pacman would have affected us as
children, we would now run around in darkened rooms, munching pills and