Re: Regression in sleep code for PowerBook5,2

On 15/09/06, Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:
On 03/09/06, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 04:02 +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > > Ok, I will take the debian configuration and test with linus' current
> > > tree (bah, git, again; it was not such a pleasent experience last time
> > > I tried it).
> >
> > Done, tried it. Almost same result. The screen went blank before
> > blocking once and blocked as before another time.

This is strange. I have been running the 2.6.18-rc5 (curent git at the
time) for some time now and I haven't encountered the problem anymore.

Hmm, this is really odd. The problems are there, it seems that somehow
I managed to trick myself into thinking this was stable.

The problems definetly did NOT disappear.

Also, with the old kernel I haven't experienced locks (although at
first I remember one happening).

OTOH, the old kernel doesn't have the r300 driver compatible with the
new mesa which I need because I am in the Debian Games Team and need
it for accelerated grapihcs.

--
Regards,
EddyP