Re: Regression in sleep code for PowerBook5,2

On 03/09/06, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 04:02 +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > Ok, I will take the debian configuration and test with linus' current
> > tree (bah, git, again; it was not such a pleasent experience last time
> > I tried it).
>
> Done, tried it. Almost same result. The screen went blank before
> blocking once and blocked as before another time.

This is strange. I have been running the 2.6.18-rc5 (curent git at the
time) for some time now and I haven't encountered the problem anymore.
The laptop went to sleep properly.

> Do you think I should try to run my old kernel 2.6.14 and see if the
> problem was present back then (compatibility issues with the x.org
> server driver)?

Yes.

Also, with the old kernel I haven't experienced locks (although at
first I remember one happening).

Maybe it was udev?

--
Regards,