Re: Please test xkb-data 0.8-12exp2 in experimental

Hello Denis,

Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> wrote:
> xkb-data 0.8-12exp2 is in experimental.
>
> This version will be pushed ustream, so please test it and report
> problems.  After that, we will discuss modifiers and default settings.
> Thanks.

The package works for me. But I miss the power key at the top of the
keyboard. This is the power key:

KeyPress event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0xc00001,
    root 0x44, subw 0x0, time 3238923114, (485,311), root:(512,384),
    state 0x0, keycode 222 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
    XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0xc00001,
    root 0x44, subw 0x0, time 3238923263, (485,311), root:(512,384),
    state 0x0, keycode 222 (keysym 0x0, NoSymbol), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 bytes:

And I found this messages on the console:
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Multiple names for keycode 182
>                   Using <FK13>, ignoring <K5D>
> Warning:          Key name <FK13> assigned to multiple keys
>                   Using 182, ignoring 118
> Warning:          Multiple names for keycode 183
>                   Using <FK14>, ignoring <K5E>
> Warning:          Key name <FK14> assigned to multiple keys
>                   Using 183, ignoring 119
> Warning:          Multiple names for keycode 184
>                   Using <FK15>, ignoring <K5F>
> Warning:          Key name <FK15> assigned to multiple keys
>                   Using 184, ignoring 120
> Warning:          Multiple names for keycode 157
>                   Using <KPEQ>, ignoring <K59>
> Warning:          Key name <KPEQ> assigned to multiple keys
>                   Using 157, ignoring 126
expected keysym, got XF86AudioEject: line 2244 of inet
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

Why is Fn+6 num_lock?

Thanks for your effort, Jörg.
--
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything that can be
added, but when there is no longer anything to take away.