Re: problem boot debian on powerbook g3 (pismo/firewire)

uhmm, a couple more things to try:

what cd do you have there ? I would try
the sarge cd, don't throw away if you have
the etch cd but realize It Is Still Beta
(PreRelease). I think they should have this
prominently stated on the web site. any/all
of us having a tendency to seem to forget it.

also i suppose you have some memory in
that computer ? The lower boundary for the
new installer is supposed to be 64MB now. if
that is what you have, it may be borderline.
sorry to say this, but even if you have more,
sometimes RAM that is borderline quality/fit
has been known to work with os9, but not with
upgrades.

think of sarge as like osX Panther and etch
as Leopard. Are you up to trying a beta ?

i do get an occasional false burn on my sony
cdrw/dvd, laptop drives are known for this, even
the newer dvd burners.

black screen sounds funny, if you have still
problem after trying all of the above, if it still
does that you may have to reset the open firmware
"screen" variable (like pcs bios, sort of). well
others here can probably advise better than me,
i never have had that problem ( i have some idea
what to do but its your machine not mine ). but the
greatest chance it seems is you have a bad cd,
somehow or other.

please let us know how it goes.