Re: xkb-data: Help needed for Macintosh keyboards

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 03:26:50PM +0200, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> > Fix that on *your* system or for *your* user account. Some people
> > actually _need_ it.
> Just *calm down*, my question was specifically "how to fix that *here*". Could
> you enlighten me and tell me for *what* it is used ?

Well, it's used to type a non breaking space ;)

In French, you have to use (the French typographical rules requires) a non
breaking space before every colon, semi-colon, question marks, exclamation
marks, before closing quotes, and after opening quotes, etc.
This deserves an easy way to type non breaking spaces (it's much more
frequent than many letters from the French azerty keyboard).

If you never type French text, or do not care about the French
typographical rules, you can disable it (the way you did is probably not
fine, because it will be destroyed by some updates; maybe xmodmap can help).

Kind Regards,
--
Nekral