Re: iBook and batteries

Hello Jörg,

* Jörg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> [2006-08-29 18:05:33 +0200]:

> > I have also tried it several times -- but also without success.
>
> What have you done? I kill pbbuttonsd to prevent it shut down the machine
> and than monitor the voltage value—you can do this with watch cat … If it
> is close to 9.0V (Attention: This is the value where *my* battery gives
> up. Your might give up earlier! Then you loos unsaved data.) I plug in
> the power connector.

I added "onBattery_SuspendTime = 0" in /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf and than
worked until I got the warning, that only 2 minutes are left -- than I
plugged in the power connector and charged it.

Also I did it on a machine of someone with MacOSX installed to do the
procedure Apple describes on its website.

But I have to say, as it was my only machine, I used it with this
battery for over 2 1/2 years extensively (some weeks it was running 24
hours a day). The touchpad, DVD drive and hard-disk are already replaced
and currently my screen is flackering :-/

Best wishes,
Matze

--
Join the Fellowship and protect your freedom!      (http://www.fsfe.org)