Re: Please test Macintosh keyboards with xkb-data 0.8-12exp1

[... most interesting discussion of xkb workings snipped ...]
> In unstable, there are 2 models: macintosh and macintosh_old.
> The latter is for older kernels, and should probably be renamed into
> macintosh_adb for clarity reasons.

Please pick another name - macintosh_old is strictly for ADB Macs that use
a very old kernel (or a compatibility feature) to send keycodes in the ADB
mapping. The very same ADB Macs now use PC style keycode mapping; that's a
kernel side issue only! macintosh_old is clearly more appropriate than
macintosh_adb. If you want to make this any clearer, use a name like
macintosh_oldkernel or some abbreviation of this.

Both the kernel version and the potential compatibility mapping can easily
be detected at run time - check for presence of the file

If this contains 0, ADB keycodes are used. If the file is not present or
1, Linux keycodes (unless the kernel version is fairly ancient: 2.4.26
already had the keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes hack. 2.4.18 might not)

To complete your data collection: on my german ADB ISO keyboard, <> and ^
are swapped unless macintosh_old2 is used, just as Helge reported. That's
the adb devices: [2]: 2 c4 [3]: 3 1 [7]: 7 1f case as posted before.