Re: Please test Macintosh keyboards with xkb-data 0.8-12exp1

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 10:36:14AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 08:46 +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> >
> > You can set model to macintosh_old2, this is a workaround until we find
> > exactly which models need swapped keys.  Can you please
> >   cat /proc/cpuinfo
> > and send its output?
>
> FWIW, IIRC this may actually be a kernel issue (its keyboard type
> detection is incomplete / buggy), so I'm not sure it can be solved at
> the XKB level without explicit configuration.

Do you have any proposal for model names?
AFAICT there are 3 keyboard models:
  - macintosh_old  (ADB)
  - macintosh  (keycodes are similar to PC ones)
  - macbook    (ditto, except for 2 keys: <TLDE>=94 and <LSGT>=49)
My feeling is that macbook name is misleading (because older *book needs
it too), and new models all are of this type, so it could be the default.
In 0.8-12exp1 I renamed those models into:
  - macintosh_old  (ADB)
  - macintosh_old2  (keycodes are similar to PC ones)
  - macintosh  (ditto, except for 2 keys: <TLDE>=94 and <LSGT>=49)
I need help to find good model names, of course macintosh_old2 is only
a temporary name to make experiments.

Denis