Re: Please test Macintosh keyboards with xkb-data 0.8-12exp1

Good late summer evening, (well, in southern France at least)

Bin Zhang wrote:
> Option          "XkbModel"      "ibook"

With the ibook layout, it was working; but I prefer to use the macintosh
layout so that the keypad enter behaves as KP_Enter.

As Michel pointed at, the problem was that I've half read Denis mail (well,
I missed a character). Using the macintosh_old2 layout works fine. My
apologies...

Does this mean that new Apple keyboards have the @ and the < keys inverted?

Yannick

PS: By the way Denis, just a thought. On MacOs X, the "ISO_Level3_shift key"
is the alt key. With xkb, it's the right alt key, à la PC AltGr. I don't
know how good would be the idea to make the alt key ISO_Level3_shift and
the apple key Alt_L(R). The advantage is for people switching from MacOS to
GNU/Linux keep the same keyboard habits but the problem is in program where
the "Alt +..." shortcuts becomes "Apple +..." shortcuts.