Re: Please test Macintosh keyboards with xkb-data 0.8-12exp1

On 9/8/06, Yannick Roehlly <yannick.roehlly@free.fr> wrote:
Hi Denis,

Denis Barbier wrote:

> You can set model to macintosh_old2, this is a workaround until we find
> exactly which models need swapped keys.

Well, if I do a

        setxkbmap -rules xorg -model macintosh_old -layout "fr" -option ""

the window manager dies (but not X) - tested with KDE/Kwin and FVWM.
If I change to macintosh_old in xorg.conf, I have the weirdest keymap even
seen. ;-) I'd like to show you but with this mapping I can't even do a
copy/paste (the only thing I remember is that de @ key gives a m).

> Can you please
> cat /proc/cpuinfo
> and send its output?

It's an ibook:

processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 599.999000MHz
revision        : 0.1 (pvr 8003 0101)
bogomips        : 36.73
timebase        : 18432000
platform        : PowerMac
machine         : PowerBook6,5
motherboard     : PowerBook6,5 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (iBook G4)
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
pmac-generation : NewWorld

I have the same cpuinfo (ibook G4 1.2Ghz 12").

I use the macintosh layout because I have an apple usb keyboard attached and
I want the keypad enter to be an enter key.

My config:
---------------
Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
       Driver          "kbd"
       Option          "CoreKeyboard"
       Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
       Option          "XkbModel"      "ibook"
       Option          "XkbLayout"     "fr"
       Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:lwin_switch"
EndSection

It works fine with ibook's internal keyboard. So maybe your problem is
your external usb keyboard.

Best regards,
Bin
Yannick