Re: [bcm43xx] Two little issues

On 5 Sep 2006 05:49:17 GMT
"Jack Malmostoso" <jackmalmostoso@freesurf.ch> wrote:

> 2) I can put my iBook to sleep (suspend to ram) and wake it without
> having problems in resuming the connection (very impressive btw!!!).
> But if I move out of the range of the AP I was connected prior to
> sleep, on wakeup the card does not find any signal and I am forced
> (again) to reboot.
>
> So I guess the question is: what is the right way to reinitialize the
> card from scratch, without having to force a reboot? Thanks for your
> help!

i usually do that by downing the interface,removing the module and
reloading it.That usually works.
There are also times, though i did not understand WHY, when that does
not work and i have to remove and insert the module two or three times,
remove it, suspend the machine, resume it, reload the module.
i have no idea of the reason, but it works for me.
HTH

Bye

--
	 Andrea Lusuardi  -  UoVoBW