Re: X on imac

I had X working fine with etch on my 233 MHz tray load imac,16 and 24 bit.I'm pretty sure I had sound working too,but I'm not sure.Did you run alsaconf yet(comes with alsa-utils package)?Here is the important parts of my xorg.conf

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage Pro 215GP"
        Driver          "ati"
        BusID           "PCI:0:18:0"
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
        HorizSync       30-68