[OT] Airport Extreeme - should I buy one?

Hello,

Next week I will be in Spain and was thinking, since the Apple
distribuitors in Romania have some outrageous prices, I could buy an
Airport Extreeme card.

I started reading some reviews and saw that some people are
complaining that the quality of the card is lousy (not being able to
see all APs, lousy signal and similar stuff).

What do people which own such cards advice? Do they work well (under
Linux, of course)? Anyone seen under Linux the behaviour some acuse,
or is it a OSX problem?

--
Regards,
EddyP