Re: [OT] Airport Extreeme - should I buy one?

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:50:08 +0200, Eddy Petrişor wrote:

> What do people which own such cards advice? Do they work well (under
> Linux, of course)? Anyone seen under Linux the behaviour some acuse, or is
> it a OSX problem?

Well, if you take a look at the thread I opened a couple of years ago you
can see my enthusiasm about it.
I find it extremely satisfying: about the lousy signal issue I must say I
can't really comment since until today I have used it in environments with
a more than good signal (i.e. University).

But the ease of installation is really worth it, plus you don't have a
stupid USB thingy dangling on the side of your computer.

P.S.: On the Italian Apple Store it costs about 50EUR now. I think they
dropped the price in the last weeks since on eBay people are still paying
around 80EUR to get one. Ok on eBay you don't really find the smartest
buyers... Anyway, a few days before my Apple retailer told me that the
price was the old 100EUR, so I guess it's really a recent thing. Check it
out!

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux user #264449