Re: [Success!] Airport Extreme

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 12:43:05PM +0200, Jack Malmostoso wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 11:50:11 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>
> > But anyway I still need to pre-up the interface, even to associate with an
> > open network. And I don't think that network-manager knows how to do that
>
> Well I guess it might be worth a try, in case you haven't tried yet!
> I am going through several sleep cycles in the last couple of days and the
> driver got stuck just once (to my great surprise) so I really think this
> is some good software. Maybe wiping all of your configuration and starting
> fresh using networkmanager alone might be an idea?

Just using NM works fine for me (with kernels >= 2.6.17 from unstable). But i'm
only using WEP..

If you need to do special things to pre-up the interface, NM will run the
scripts in /etc/network/*.d/ at the appropriate times. So you can just drop a
script in /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/ to do the magic you need

  Sjoerd
--
The Universe is populated by stable things.
		-- Richard Dawkins