Re: Let me know if you're looking for PowerPC parts

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 04:20:14PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > Maybe this is because there are so few powerpc porters left in debian ? Or
> > > those who used to be porters got interests in something else, leaving only me,
> > > which kind of burned out earlier this year ?
> >
> > I'm not talking about d-i. Someone's obviously taking care of the
> > autobuilders etc., but these things aren't discussed on this list
> > anymore, as they used to be.
>
> Also, I'm not sure 'few powerpc porters' is accurate. Back in the days,
> there was just Daniel Jacobowitz and a handful of others, including
> ourselves, whereas these days there seem to be dozens of DDs running
> powerpc machines and contributing fixes.

What is lacking is a few porters who have overview of the various problems. I
was doing d-i and kernel work back then, as well as parted stuff, and
coordinating the biarch toolchain and stuff like that.

We need someone in charge of d-i on powerpc, who cares about all subarches,
the kernels need also work, and there is naturally the biarch/multiarch
userland issue.

As said, i did lot of these things, but kind of burned out earlier this year.

Friendly,

Sven Luther