Re: Let me know if you're looking for PowerPC parts

Le mar 2006-08-08 a 19:18:24 -0400, Harold Johnson <harold.johnson@gmail.com> a dit:
>    Hi all,
>
>    I don't sell PowerPC parts, nor am I affiliated with any individual or
>    organization that does.  So I hope this isn't perceived as spam.  I just
>    wanted to let you know that if you're looking for PowerPC parts, contact
>    me and I can direct you to some online resources -- some individual
>    sellers, in other words, that I have had good experiences with.
>
>    Okay, that's all.  I've currently got the latest flavor of Xubuntu (Ubuntu
>    xfce4 rather than gnome) running on an old PowerBook G3 ("Wallstreet 2") I
>    picked up at Goodwill a year or two ago.  It's brought new life to this
>    old Mac, and it's in use quite frequently in my home.  (All flavors of
>    Ubuntu are derived from Debian, of course.)

*lurking field down*

ok. thank you for the offer, but i question why you'd put it in this
way. it almost seems like you are trying to sell something. i'm not
saying you are, please note i said 'seem'.

WTH are ubuntu people posting here? this is like the umpteenth one
i've seen here. *ubuntu is to debian as early mandrake is to old
redhat, i.e., they started similar, then split. in this case however
there is code-sharing, and even DDs working at ubuntu, but that's it.
they are 2 different distros. the ubuntu people have their own lists
and forums and such, go use them.

before i get accused of being distro-intolerant, i'll say this now: i
am not, i am simply saying that this isn't an ubuntu list, and ubuntu
questions should go to an ubuntu list, and debian question to a debian
list. it's like i would've sent a debian question to a fedora core
list.

*dude tired of seeing it on IRC, and now seeing in MLs*

simon

*lurking field up*

--
"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited
by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when