Hydroghen + jackd in ubuntu system freeze

Hi all,

On this machine (ubuntu dapper, alubook 5.8) i've been unable of launching
hydroghen without a complete system freeze.

I've no problems running jackd and jack-aware soundapps such as ardour-altivec
or jamin, but everytime i launch hyroghen it freezes.

I'm aware of loading snd-seq before attempting this.

My mail is to ask (though i now this list is more technical, and debian
oriented) if anyone is aware of problems for hydroghen running in ppc, or
if anyone could point me at what causes the freeze so that i try to track it
down and elude it.

thanks all, and sorry for such a 'user-oriented' question, but i want to be
able to use my linux-mac as a daw.

PD: is there any 'dummies's guide to snd-aoa?' btw, for i believe i would be
able of achieving higher fc than 44.1 and no xruns with alsa. I also use
ardour and jackd in macosx and i'm able of fc=98kHz..
--
     Daniel Payno		                         a.k.a <Pay>
     http://dpayno.webhop.net               http://pqs.is.dreaming.org