Re: Regression in sleep code for PowerBook5,2

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 01:43 +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have started to experinence lock-ups since the upgrade to the latest
> official Debian Sid kernel for powerpc:
>
> eddy@merci ~ $ LANG=C apt-cache policy linux-image-2.6.17-2-powerpc
> linux-image-2.6.17-2-powerpc:
>   Installed: 2.6.17-6
>   Candidate: 2.6.17-6
>   Version table:
>  *** 2.6.17-6 0
>         900 http://ftp.ro.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> The lock-ups appear at different times, but I have seen it at the time
> the battery finished and sleep was supposed to be entered to save
> work, I have seen it after trying to close the lid. This did not
> happen with the previous package version which was present in Sid.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know what's going on, as I'm not experiencing that. It should
witch to console mode before doing anything though. If it's not doing
so, it could be that X is the one dying on the console switch... Can you
test if:

 - console switches between X and console are reliable
 - sleep from console mode (no X) is reliable

Thanks,
Ben.