Re: Hydroghen + jackd in ubuntu system freeze

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 21:26 +0200, Daniel Payno wrote:

> PD: is there any 'dummies's guide to snd-aoa?' btw, for i believe i would be
> able of achieving higher fc than 44.1 and no xruns with alsa. I also use
> ardour and jackd in macosx and i'm able of fc=98kHz..

While I'm inclined to not even read posts that start with ubuntu (I've
been using ubuntu for a while here at work and I must say it sucks...)
I'll respond anyway since I'm the snd-aoa maintainer :)

There's no users guide to snd-aoa. It doesn't need one. You may need a
"dummies guide to alsa" but nothing special for snd-aoa. snd-aoa just
offers the capabilities via the regular alsa mechanisms. And I'm sure
you mean 96KHz and not 98 :)

johannes