Re: Debian installer/live stock kernels iMac G5

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 13:03 -0700, Jason Self wrote:

> Backporting the necessary changes to 2.6.17 is certainly an option. I would
> think this is up to the powerpc Porters to handle.
>
> Is anyone willing to tackle that? It's beyond my abilities.

It's not as easy as it seems, during the 2.6.18 timeframe the interrupt
handling code was largely rewritten by Benjamin Herrenschmidt,
backporting code there would mean dropping in the old interrupt code
again (all drivers were touched by this).

That said, snd-aoa would be trivial since I originally wrote it against
the code in 2.6.17 so have most of the required code still, only a few
things would need backporting here.

johannes