Re: Debian installer/live stock kernels iMac G5

On 7/26/06, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
See earlier messages about this topic, but don't worry, if debian/etch is
released with 2.6.17, i will make available newer kernels for etch later on,
as i did for sarge, until the devfs killoff at least, and the resulting udev
mess.

I inquired about the kernel version on another Debian list about
2.6.18 instead. Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> stated:

Backporting the necessary changes to 2.6.17 is certainly an option. I would
think this is up to the powerpc Porters to handle.

Is anyone willing to tackle that? It's beyond my abilities.